Whats the opportunity?
We are seeking to appoint committed, ambitious and dynamic teachers for our branches. This is an excellent opportunity whether you are an experienced teacher, or just graduated from a madrasa and are looking to teach.
As an enthusiastic and committed individual, the successful candidates will be in good company with teachers at Safar Academy, who are dedicated to continually improving the life chances of our young people and inspiring the next generation.
|Job Post:||Islamic Studies and Tajwid Teacher|
|Contract Length:||1 Year renewable|
|Salary:||Good competitive salary – based on experience|
|Location:||Safar branches depending on vacancies: Edmonton, Enfield, Finchley, Slough, Harlow|
|Start Date:||New Academic Year – Sep 2020|
|Hours||Branches operate on Saturday and Sunday Mornings – both days compulsory|
|Responsible to:||Head of Branch|
Why join Safar?
- One of the leading weekend schools in London with 5 branches in London and established since 1998.
- Innovative, comprehensive & renowned Safar syllabus recognised across UK and worldwide
- A dedicated Amir (branch head) per branch providing on going guidance and support
- A team of administrators supporting day to day running of branches (registers, fees etc.) and providing assistance to teachers
- Ongoing training, tarbiyyah and personal development for teachers
- Input in to Safar syllabus to potentially impact thousands across the UK and sharing the reward
Duties for teaching staff includes:
- Successful applicants would be required to teach Quran/Qaidah, Islamic Studies, Memorisation of Essential Duas and Surahs and basic Arabic language classes from the Safar Publications syllabus
- Attend teacher training sessions to understand the Safar syllabus and recommended teaching styles
- Deliver a range of subjects to children in a fun and engaging manner in line with our syllabus
- Maintain classroom control via behaviour and safety management techniques
- Regular marking of homework and term time exam papers
- Maintain and update student progress reports and discuss with parents when required
- Prepare for lessons prior to class and develop excellent teaching resources
- Work effectively with amirs, fellow teachers, admin staff and teaching assistants
- Complete compulsory training (child protection, health and safety etc)
- Participate in end of year preparations (presentation day, trips, workshops)
The preferred teachers are those who have:
- Clear spoken (fluent) English language and literature skills
- Good level of knowledge on Islamic Studies (Fiqh, Aqeedah & Seerah) and basic level of Arabic language
- Willing to always develop new skills and improve to maximize impact to children’s education
- Passion to teach and participate in education reform
- Ability to work in a professional learning community and respect all colleagues and students
- Adhere to processes and policies that support the academies
- Good level of fluency in Tajweed, Quran and memorisation of key daily supplications
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to use own initiative and organisational skills as and when required
Safar Academy is dedicated to protecting children and young people. All candidates are subject to an enhanced DBS check. All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality.