Safar Academy Level 1 Teacher Training
Safar Training Level 1 Training London 2016 – 2 day course
Saturday 13th August and Saturday 20th August
Enfield County School(North London) ,
EN1 3EJ. [On-site parking available]
Timing: 9:45– 17:15 on both days.
Join Safar Academy for a structured training course (level 1) over two Saturdays to learn the skills that are essential for teaching in supplementary Islamic schools. The course includes workshops on effectively teaching all of the Safar publications: Qāʿidah, Memorisation (Duʿās and Sūrahs), Tajwīd, Juz ʿAmma as well as the Safar Islamic Studies series.
This is a level 1 training and will create a proficiency in understanding all aspects of the books as well as provide training on different tried and tested methods for teaching each book effectively. This level is an absolute must for new users of the syllabus as well as a refresher course for experienced teachers, who want to gain the most out of the publications.
- The event is open to both male and female participants and is restricted to a maximum of 70 participants.
- Online registration and payment is mandatory prior to event.
- Food and refreshment and course notes Provided.
- Our workshops are delivered by our teaching and development staff. Workshops delivered by females are all noted below.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org for all queries
Breakdown of content
Day 1: Saturday 13th August 2016
Learn to Read Series:
- Effective use of the Safar Learn to Read Series
- Teaching the Safar Qaidah: A practical workshop
- Teaching the Safar Tajwid Book: A practical workshop
- Essential Qurʿān teaching skills
Learn by Heart Series:
- Safar Learn by Heart Series: A practical workshop
Day 2: Saturday 20th August 2016
Learn about Islam Series:
- Introduction to the Learn about Islam Series and understanding Prophetic (saw) teaching methods
- The art of storytelling: Using stories effectively
- Effective Islamic Studies Lessons: A practical example
- Workshop A*: Teaching Early Years (Year 1)
- Workshop B*: Rewards and Motivations: Teaching Years 2-3
- Workshop C*: How to Plan a Lesson (with a focus on Year 4)
- Workshop D*: Effective questioning skills (with a focus on Year 5-6)
*Note: Out of the four workshops (A-D), participants will only be able to take part in two, because of time constraints. Also, workshop A and B will be delivered by female teaching staff.
Special session by registration only:
- Teaching Year 7 (with an introduction to the forthcoming secondary series).
Please note, the workshops may be subject to change. Further workshop details and contents will be available after registration.
- Safar Academy Training
13th August 2016 - 20th August 2016
9:45 am - 5:15 pm
Venue: Enfield County School
Enfield County School, Church Lane, Enfield EN1 3EJ – On-site parking available